Explore Scientific ED102 Triplet
Celestron 8" Edge HD
Telescope(s): Explore Scientific ED102 Triplet & Celestron 8" Edge Hd
Area(s) of special interest: Astrophotography, Deep space primarily as well as Lunar and Planetary
1. Are you a seasoned amateur astronomer or just getting into the hobby?
have always been fascinated by astronomy but No, only recently began my
path in astrophotography. Early 2018, to be more specific.
2. What was your first experience that attracted you to astronomy?
JH: I remember, back in grade school, we took a trip to the planetarium. That is all it took.
3. Tell us a little about your family members; spouse? kids? siblings? significant other?
family work in various fields and I have three young kids. Everyone's
interests in astronomy is "Ohh... look at the pretty pictures" I
4. Can you tell us a little about your formal education?
I graduated from Valley High School, and spent some time at Southern
Union State Community College, Auburn University, Troy University and
West Georgia Technical College. Informally, I have acquired many
certifications in the construction industry, to include a general
contractor license. Even a Federal Firearm License, as a gunsmith.
5. Do you have any pets? What kind? How Many?
JH: It seems that I have always had a dog. I currently have two. A beagle and a chewinnie.
6. Where do you work? If you're retired, what was your occupation?
JH: If you're still in school, have you chosen a career? I
currently work at Knauf Insulation in Lanett, where I am one of the
furnace technicians. Although, I continue to take contracts in
7. Besides astronomy, what other hobbies do you enjoy?
JH: I have more than I can afford.
8. What was your first or favorite car?
first "car" was an '81 Chevrolet C10 Deluxe. Nothing fancy or special,
just mine. My favorite "car" is my '14 Harley Davidson Street Glide. I
have a Tahoe for carrying the telescope around.
9. What was your first or most interesting job?
you go to and see any and everything. Specific job or project, would be
a contract at Lockheed Martin. I was there when the F22's where being
first built. That was very special.
10. Tell us about your favorite vacation.
JH: I do not necessarily have a favorite vacation, but plant me in the sand next to the water, and I will not complain.
11. Have you ever lived in some other part of the U.S. or another country? Where? When?
JH: No, I migrated from Mobile, Alabama, to Lanett, Alabama after Hurricane Frederik, and been here ever since.